There must be some Gremlins on the loose this month! As one of the Telephone Support Specialists here at BCS ProSoft, I have noticed that we are getting an abnormally high number of calls from clients that need to reset the Payment Today flag on open invoices. Moreover, this issue does not seem to be related to a specific version. Here is the description of the problem and the solution:
The Problem: You try to process a Cash Receipt on a customer invoice, but the invoice number does not show up in the invoice selection screen. If you look up the invoice through Customer Inquiry, the invoice appears to be open. Sage 100 ERP (formerly MAS 90 or MAS 200) thinks the invoice has been processed. The problem is that the Payment Today flag is set incorrectly
The Solution: The easiest way to clear this is to run the ARWAR4 utility. Following are the steps to clear the Payment Today Flag.
- Insure that you are on Sage 100 ERP version 3.71 or higher.
- Confirm that you have a good backup of your Sage 100 ERP database.
- Make sure everyone is out of AR and there are no other un-posted Cash Receipt batches.
- Go to File /Run/ and type in ARWAR4 and click the OK button. Warning: this utility will clear and recalculate the Payment Today field in the AR_OpenInvoice file.
- At the “Do you want to proceed?” option, press YES.
- Now you can process your Cash Receipt and select the missing invoice. You will not hurt anything as long as there are no “open” Cash Receipt batches.
About the Tips & Tricks Series
BCS ProSoft is proud to offer you these Tips & Tricks for Sage 100 ERP (formerly MAS 90 and MAS 200). These tips were drawn from our extensive technical support knowledge base as well as from the comprehensive experience or our team. Each tip is outlined in detail, including pictures and or drawings where appropriate. There are a couple of things to note in order to use these tips effectively. All tips are written for Sage 100 ERP versions 4.1 and higher. Some tips should be used with great care and caution. If you are ever in any doubt as to how to use the information provided, please contact our Award Winning Support Center. Click here for options on contacting our Support Center.
|View Other Tips & Tricks
|Follow Us on Twitter
|Join us on Linked-In
|Subscribe to our Feed
About the Author
Julie Marcie is a Senior Support Specialist at BCS ProSoft. She has been helping businesses keep their software running for the last 20 years and has specifically been supporting accounting systems since 1985. She is married with 2 grown children and one grandchild. She and her husband, Frank, recently purchased 10 acres of land near Seguin, Texas and are preparing to build a Geodesic Dome Home.
Julie’s support advice for her customers? “When you call me for support, just take a deep breath, relax, and be confident that we will work through the issue(s) together!”