When over-the-counter sales, commonly known as cash sales, occur, follow these steps:
- Select Accounts Receivable | Main Menu | Invoice Data Entry
- At the Invoice Number field, type in the invoice number followed by “-CA”
[Alternatively, type -CA in the invoice number field and then click on the “next invoice number” button]. When the sale is recorded, the Cash Sales account is debited rather than the Accounts Receivable account, and the customer’s balance (if any) is not increased.
- In the Customer No. field
- If the cash sale is for a one-time or temporary customer, type CASH. If you are using divisions, you must enter the division number before the word (e.g., 01-CASH). To print the customer name on the invoice, enter the Customer Name.
- If you want to record the sale in the customer file to track year-to-date sales, enter a valid customer number.
- For one-step invoicing situations, click the Print button to produce an invoice titled CASH SALE INVOICE to give to the customer as a paid receipt.
Want to view more Tips & Tricks for MAS 90/200? Visit our Tips & Tricks Blog.
About the Tips & Tricks Series
BCS ProSoft is proud to offer you these Tips & Tricks for MAS 90 and MAS 200. These tips were drawn from our extensive technical support knowledge base as well as from the comprehensive experience or our team. Each tip is outlined in detail, including pictures and or drawings where appropriate. There are a couple of things to note in order to use these tips effectively. All tips are written for Sage MAS 90 and Sage MAS 200 versions 4.1 and higher. Some tips should be used with great care and caution. If you are ever in any doubt as to how to use the information provided, please contact our Award Winning Support Center. Click here for options on contacting our Support Center.
|View Other Tips & Tricks||Follow Us on Twitter|
|Join us on Linked-In||Subscribe to our Feed|
About the Author
Brian Hanes is a Senior Consultant for BCS ProSoft with ten years experience working with our clients. Though he now specializes in Sage Abra HRMS and Crystal Reports, Brian started with BCS as a Support Technician, so it is fair to say that he’s “seen it all!” Brian enjoys the challenge of helping his clients squeeze more value out of their software.
The father of two wonderful children, Brian enjoys spending time outdoors with them. He just taught his daughter to ride her bike without training wheels (woohoo!) and Brian and the kids can be found many weekends or evenings riding their skateboards in one of the wonderful San Antonio parks.
Brian and his girlfriend Cindy live near Downtown San Antonio and on weekends, they enjoy walking down to the new Pearl Brewery District and taking in the Farmer’s Market and a leisurely breakfast.